Mobile apps surround us in all directions. Mobile phone users are expected to download 258+ billion apps in 2022, according to Statista. Combine that with the fact that we are witnessing a drop in the number of desktop internet users and a surge in mobile internet usage.
We can spot the trend. A growing population that is moving toward mobile app use and accomplishing a majority of needs through mobile devices. While that is a consumer trend, it also throws light on an opportunity that is so widely available to businesses.
Mobile app development is getting the traction it should in the 21st century. Thus, mobile apps have become a key ingredient in the marketing mixture of businesses in all shapes and sizes. Businesses are using mobile apps to drive conversion, sell services and goods, or ear through paid advertising on mobile.
There are a lot many ways to optimize conversions through a mobile app. You can decide the ROI you want from your mobile application.
Table of Contents
The Role of Medical Mobile App Development in Healthcare
The mobile health technology market is expected to grow up to USD 90 bn by 2020 up from USD 21 bn in 2017, at a CAGR of 33 percent, according to reports from Markets and Markets.
With that scale of mobile app usage in the healthcare and medical space, the industry is widely adopting mobile technologies and allowing better solutions to improve work efficiency and minimize error.
This is the best time for businesses in the healthcare space to get in touch with credible medical app developers and impart their benefits to their patients.
mHealth apps support medical health professionals to manage and document patient health data and transmit them when needed. It catalyzes and improves health outcomes and makes healthcare benefits more accessible all over the world.
Here are a few critical benefits of using medical apps:
- Medical apps can make healthcare easily accessible in remote areas that have fewer healthcare facilities.
- Medical applications can assist healthcare professionals in capturing and gathering patient data seamlessly and also transmit it over a secure network when the need be.
- Medical healthcare apps broaden the scope of introducing new business models and opportunities for healthcare institutions.
- An automated medical app eliminates or at least reduces the risk of incorrect diagnosis.
- Through medical apps that can process data of thousands of patients simultaneously, healthcare institutions can save precious time.
- Since healthcare individuals can focus on more valuable tasks, medical apps lead to an overall reduction in expenses for healthcare companies.
- Patients get convenience and empowering experience as they can manage and access their health records autonomously through a medical mobile app.
Medical apps are fast becoming a necessity for healthcare organizations all over the world.
Types of Medical App Development Use Cases
Medical mobile app development can be done for an array of apps. Some of them are:
- Personal health services – These medical apps allow patients to schedule doctor consultation, view their health data, leverage a medicine planner and reminder and store and view prescription.
- Advice on request – These medical apps allow patients to chat with their healthcare providers over video chat or messenger chat and make easy appointments or get consultations with detailed drug prescriptions.
- On-demand onsite – These medical applications can be used for emergency ambulance dispatch, medicine delivery, doctor visits on call, and processing payments.
- Patient experience – This class of medical apps can be used by patients to search for a healthcare facility nearby, check hospital locations, their consultation fees, ratings, and reviews.
- Doctor network – These medical healthcare applications can be used to maintain doctor profile with their bio, skills, practice location, hiring, hours of working, etc.
- Medical apparatus – With these medical applications, users can purchase and record details about medical apparatus, manage asset mobilization, and maintain a record of purchasing and schedule maintenance services.
- Safety network – A safety network medical app can be used to carry our crowdfunding, leverage community help, make emergency calls, or use social network forums to discuss medical conditions and their solutions.
Healthcare facilities can decide which of these medical app development services they need, and prioritize accordingly.
Choosing a Credible Medical Mobile App Development Company
Medical app development companies are present in every nook and corner today. However, one should be wary of selecting the company next door if it does not meet the standard criteria.
The world has gone global. And, now, you can pick an offshore medical app development partner who will take care of all your medical mobile application development needs, keeping transparent communication.
Here are a few tips to choose a medical/healthcare app development company:
- UI/UX consideration – It pays off to look at the UI/UX designs previously developed by any company you want to hire as your medical application development partner. Since both patients and doctors use medical apps, it is essential that the user experience of the healthcare app be appealing and simple. The users of a medical app should not have to go through a complex set of steps to do what they want to through their mobile app. Make sure your medical app development company has a sound understanding of the color palette, fonts, and text that goes into simplifying the UI.
- Attention to security – If your healthcare mobile app is not secure, you might not as well use it. Any security loophole in your healthcare mobile app can cost you credibility, trust, and customers. Brand loyalty is hard to earn, and all of it can get smashed due to security anomalies. Healthcare security flaws get exploited by dozens each year. Patient data is lost, modified, and wrong diagnoses are made which can lead to fatalities. Make sure hackers don’t get the better of your app’s security.
- References – Are other healthcare companies vouching for this medical app development partner? If not, you better steer clear. Industry references from reliable sources are a great deal-maker (or breaker) when it comes to medical app development. Check out which healthcare companies are swearing that this company can be the best medical mobile app development partner. Look at their testimonials and reach out to a few referrals if need be.
- Understanding roadmap – It is vital that your medical app development company understands your product roadmap, business model, and app vision. Make sure you get involved with a company that can comprehend your business goals and help achieve them through a mobile application. For this, you need a mobile app development company with significant experience in building healthcare mobile apps.
- Technical skills – Nothing can be more critical than the skills of medical app developers on your partner’s team. Check their team size and ask for a one-on-one interview with their development head. Look at the work they’ve done and analyze whether or not they possess the skills needed to complete your mobile app within the stipulated deadline, with all necessary functionalities. You want to look at the features as well as the UI/UX designs.
- Cost and other expenses – What other expenses? Isn’t cost the only fee you pay? No. Having a medical app development company develop your software at a low cost, but with a longer time-frame and low quality is very expensive. This might cost you your business. Experts say that if a company is ready to deliver on time, with high quality, and at low cost- you should see a red flag. Because that is not possible in the real business world. Plan your budget and look for the best you can get within that amount.
To bring your app design and vision to life, consider all tips and look around until you find the right medical mobile app development firm.
CDN Solutions Group might be your ideal medical app development company, considering:
- We are cost-effective in the sense that you actually convert through your mobile app developed by our experts.
- We communicate with transparency and work until you are elated.
- We have a robust team of security developers who make sure that your medical mobile app has a sturdy security arrangement.
- We are available 24/7. We answer calls and reply to emails and get back to queries as soon as we can.
- We offer exceptional support and maintenance services post the deployment of your app to ensure continuous smooth operations.
- We can transform any business idea into a working mobile app.
- We know how mobile apps bring business growth. Explore in-app advertising, sign-ups, and other forms of conversion with us.
- We believe in sparkling UIs. Get a seamless user experience with our expert designers.
Need a healthcare mobile app?