Looking to hire an app development company? Then you know it’s harder than it sounds. It’s more than just looking around locally or on the internet and finding and signing up a competent mobile app development company. Mobile apps hog a lot of time and resources, making choosing a partner an even more of a critical task than it already is.
No company can afford to get an inefficient app developed that their users won’t stick to and one that would not help them achieve key KPIs. At the beginning of 2018, Gartner predicted that less than 0.01% of consumer mobile apps will turn out a “success” through 2018. That’s 1 in 10,000 mobile apps. And still, mobile applications continue to be the rage for businesses of all sizes in all industries.
What Makes Mobile Apps Fail?
App developers and companies often commit these common mistakes and find themselves knee-deep in a failed project.
- Overestimating app uniqueness – Most businesses fail to research their user base and predict that their app would offer a unique experience when there are several similar apps already running successfully in the market. The lack here is in market research, testing the idea, and analyzing the competition without bias.
- Blurred monetization strategy – Unless you are into charity, you want your mobile app to have an ROI. There is something you want to achieve with your app. For businesses and mobile developers, it is critical to clearly define a mobile app monetization strategy. Monetization can be achieved through in-app advertising, premium app sales, premium models, subscriptions, in-app stores, and so on, depending on what your customers would prefer.
- Fewer tweaks and iterations – If you want to get your mobile app right in the first hit, you are engaging in wishful thinking. Chasing perfection is never a good idea when it comes to mobile apps. App developer companies need to iterate and reiterate their strategy, analysis, and accordingly change and tweak their app to improve usability and other important metrics.
These mistakes cost businesses dearly. Therefore, when choosing the right mobile app company, you should be careful of some parameters that may pronounce your success or failure with mobile apps.
Find Your App Development Company – 10 Things to Consider
Mobile app development companies have mushroomed in all corners of the world as a result of the increasing demand for mobile apps in all industries and businesses. All of these companies pledge to offer cutting-edge, innovative mobile apps that will stay on your users’ mobile devices and make you successful.
Save your business mobile app from failure. Strike a deal with the right app developers and company.
- App idea clarity – Checking this box is the fundamental step to app success. If you are not clear with your mobile app idea, how would you expect to communicate your requirements to any other company? Understand your exact requirements. You can get all the stakeholders under a roof and ask them individually what they think you might need in an outsourced mobile app development partner. This will open up a discussion about the requirements and what you need to look for in an ideal development partner.
- Portfolio – A mobile apps developer company should have a vivid and disparate portfolio of published apps. They should be able to demonstrate their experience and recount the challenges they faced and overcame with each project. A diverse portfolio would mean this company has gained a wealth of experience and that its developers know how to deliver apps and get them published. Getting mobile apps developed is one thing and getting them published is a whole other game. Make sure your app partner can guide you through.
- Geographical location – This one is a choice you make. Nothing wrong with it if you want your app development company nearby. The world has long gone global and you can seamlessly interact and collaborate over boundaries. So, no right or wrong. The location of your app development partner does not mean anything generically. However, if your project needs them to attend meetings with stakeholders and be present physically at your premises, your call.
- Analyze developers’ expertise – These days, mobile app developers are not only concerned with the technical and design aspects of an app but also assist companies in their marketing strategy. Look for developers in a company who would go out of their way to improve your app. These professionals are proactive in what they do and deliver more than 100%. They are on top of marketing trends, app monetization techniques and won’t back down from suggesting you great ideas to get the most out of your app. This is a team you want to work with.
- Weigh in quality and cost – No more is cost a standalone factor. Businesses are willing to expand their budgets if they can get something better done with their apps. The key is to see the cost in contrast to the quality of the app. We don’t find it cost-effective to pay for an app that would do nothing for your users and your business. An ineffective app is anyway expensive by that logic. We encourage you to look for the real value in any mobile app. Would it possibly do what you intend it to? If it would, the cost becomes its worth.
- App functionality – Consider the apps published by the app development company in question. Do they look innovative, usable, interactive, and intuitive? If not, move on. With 3 million apps already existing, you need something that grabs users by their eyeballs. Simple apps are always the trend. But, simplicity needs hard work too! Assess the functionality and features of apps developed by each company and then choose the one that stands out.
- The communication process – You don’t want to be left out of the loop when your mobile app’s getting developed. You ideally want to be included in all key decision-making processes. A healthy, two-way, transparent communication will keep you updated on your app’s progress and allow you to pitch in your ideas. Look for a team that would garner your opinion each step of the way.
- Maintenance and support – A competent development company will have proper maintenance and support guidelines in place. This company will stay accountable for any large or tiny glitch in your app. Choose the development partner who would smoothen the wrinkles in your app and assist you in sailing through complexities, 24×7.
- Turnaround time – You don’t want to be waiting forever to get your app published, up, and running. You want to partner with an app developer company who would deliver within the stipulated deadline. The faster your app hits the market, the better and higher revenues you will drive.
- Platform expertise – If you want to reach a global audience with your mobile app, you will have to develop the same functionality for a varied array of mobile platforms – Android, iOS, Windows. Look for an app developers agency who have proficiency in developing cross-platform mobile apps.
You may have multiple other factors that would play a vital role in your app’s success- its design, simplicity, graphics, animation, and so on. Beyond these fundamental factors, you will have unique ones that answer your sole need.
Hire the Right App Development Company
Still in doubt whom to consider? CDN Software Solutions has been around for over 18 years. With a wide experience in delivering mobile solutions across the globe, we have gained expertise in leading technologies such as IoT, Blockchain, AI, ML, AR/VR, and so on.
We have a strong workforce of 250+ professionals well versed with technology, design, and implementation. We believe in 100 percent customer satisfaction and strive to achieve it every step of the way.
For a dependable team of proficient software developers, contact us.
Check the review of CDN Software Solutions on Appfuutura, Goodfirms and Clutch.