Fog Computing also known as Fogging is defined to improve efficiency and reduce the amount of data that needs to be moved to the cloud for data processing, storage and analysis. This is basically done for efficiency reason, but it is also be carried out for security and conformity reasons.
Fogging or fog computing is a distributed computing framework in which some application services are managed at the network edge in a smart device and some application services are handled in a remote data center in the cloud.
Fog computing is not a replacement of cloud it just extends the cloud computing by providing security in the cloud environment. Fog computing is providing advance features to traditional cloud computing.
Fog Computing will Help to Control the Traffic –
Fog computing will help to control the traffic. Fogging will help the smart traffic light system to work efficiently in the real time if the decision maker (local server) is far away from the system location after creating a smart traffic light system (TLS) that contain a scheduler, executor, communicator, detector, controller and sensors.
Working of TLS –
1) All these systems will communicate with each other in every 15 minutes.
2) The local server will communicate with the other local servers in every 10 minutes.
3) If traffic is detected in an area, the system attached in that area will communicate with the other system with the help of communicator. And this is how the system will get information about the heavy traffic in that area.
4) Now the decision maker or you can say that local server based in that area will direct the coming traffic to the alternative road.
Role of Fog Computing in Controlling the Traffic –
If the decision makers on the cloud were far away from the system location then it would have taken a huge time in taking a decision and it would cause a delay as well and the smart traffic light needs to be act in the real time and here the fog computing concepts resolves this issue. Fog computing is work as platform as a service (PaaS), so it will help the TLS to work in the real time.
The Goal of Fog Computing for the Traffic Control System-
1) Accidents prevention
2) Maintenance of a steady flow of traffic
Fog computing is not a different thing, it is like a framework which improve the efficiency and security of cloud computing.
So along with many other trending technologies this year’s CeBIT will also focus on Fog Computing and we (CDN Software Solutions) being an exhibitor at this event are eagerly waiting to explore this technology as well.
Exhibiting for the 5th consecutive time we are ready with our offerings, so meet us in CeBIT Hannover 2016, Hall 002, stand C36 to discuss your query, from 14th -18th March.