A majority of what we need today can be bought with the touch of a thumb via a smartphone. As mobile phone markets surge, there is a bigger opportunity for businesses to reach out to potential buyers and customers to further their business objectives.
Whether it is travel, shopping for fashion, utilities, or even grocery, we are shifting toward a situation where everything is accessible through a mobile interface. As customer expectations rise, businesses will have to leverage all mobile platforms and cover social channels to interact with their buyers through the latter’s platform of choice.
Uber made us all aware of what a mobile platform can do. Other on-demand services such as cabs, salon, ticket booking, and food delivery are also getting popular with every passing day.
What brought about this shift in customer behavior and the rising need for on-demand apps?
The answer is simple.
There is a growing need to make services available quickly, easily, and with convenience.
What is the Need for On-Demand Grocery Mobile Apps
You are a grocery chain that sells A-Z of grocery products. Your customers line up for checkout and payment during rush hours. This waiting time spoils customer experience and you know you can do better.
A few customers might even lose their temper, or leave without a purchase when they see your supermarket crowded.
What is the solution to this issue?
You can consider grocery app development for your business. This will lessen the volume of buyers at your store, while still allowing you to make new customers. Grocery mobile app development is a hot trend that shows no signs of slowing down.
Types of Grocery Mobile Apps
There are various kinds of grocery mobile applications. Choose the one that would help your business the most.
- Grocery chains – Grocery chains such as Walmart have their own on-request delivery platform for smaller-scale orders which can be dispatched seamlessly through a mobile app.
- Aggregators – These grocery mobile apps list the various supermarkets in your neighborhood. Then, you can choose one where you want to place your order. The app takes you through the payments process and confirms your order once it reaches the supermarket. You can then expect your grocery to reach at your doorstep anytime. In this case, the obligation to deliver the grocery lies at the hands of the supermarket and not the mediating platform.
- Marketplace – A marketplace app might belong to a supermarket owner who owns a commercial center. Besides that, they also own a network of conveyance workforce to deliver grocery to customers through a retail mobility arrangement. In the case of marketplace apps, it is critical to know whether customer demand for a particular grocery can be fulfilled within the stipulated time.
- Grocery delivery – A business model such as Big Basket in India or Instacart can be a good example of a grocery delivery mobile app. The platform offers same-day delivery, 99.3% on-time conveyance, 99.5% request fill rate, and a no-inquiry client merchandise exchange. Developing a similar app might work for a startup in the grocery delivery space.
- Singe store – In the case of a single store mobile app, the store owner needs proprietor commissions for his branded app, deals with the logistics, app updation, and payments.
- Grocery list app – This genre of apps let you build your grocery list smartly. They issue reminders to you, track your expenses each month, and do so much more to digitize the grocery shopping experience.
The key to successful grocery app development is to first pick the best fit out of all available models. The general food and beverage industry in the US is one of the most underpenetrated markets. The 2018 FnB retail e-commerce market of $14.94 billion will only represent 2.8% of all U.S. e-commerce sales this year.
What do we see?
Huge untapped opportunity for grocery app development.
Key Features in an On-demand Grocery Mobile App
Developing an on-demand grocery mobile app can be way too time-consuming for you if you are not consulting a dependable grocery app development company. Therefore, it is critical to know the key features you want and need in your grocery app.
- Social Authentication – Allow customers to either go through the entire sign-up process, or kickstart their journey with Google, Facebook, or any other social platform. This improves the customer experience and induces a bit more convenience in the customer’s journey.
- Smart Search – Place crucial elements such as product search in the right places in your app. Smart search options such as personalized recommendations, repeat purchases, and so on will catalyze sales through the mobile app.
- Add to Cart – The purpose of this feature is not debatable anymore. It should always be a breeze for customers to add products to their cart and come back later to finish buying them.
- Popular Products – This section might lure your buyers into purchasing that what everyone else is. Humans have a tendency to fit in, and they accomplish that by going with the popular brand / product.
- Real-time Notifications – You want to be in constant contact with your customers. Notify users about a great discount or deal you are offering, gather their feedback, and learn more about what they value through instant notifications.
- Continuous Monitoring – When it comes to on-demand grocery delivery, you want to track your personnel and spot any inefficiencies. Do that with a live-tracking feature in your mobile app. Empower customers by giving them the ability to track their orders.
- Secure Payment Gateways – Do your market research and allow your customers to pay through any of the top three popular payment methods (at the least). Security is one of the top criteria you want to include in your payment feature. Don’t lose trust over security loopholes.
- Information Listing – You might need to list various stores that have integrated services with your mobile app. Or, you might categorize grocery products. List information in a way that makes the shopping experience seamless.
- Feedback and Reviews – Gather customer feedback to improve performance and business quality. Allow customers to rate your services, the delivery boy’s conduct, the product quality, and so on.
- Coupons/Loyalty Rewards – There are few better ways to attract and retain customers than offering them great benefits they cannot refuse. Use loyalty programs and personalized coupons to keep your customers coming back for more.
- Customer Care – Install a robust system of customer service across all leading platforms your customers use to get in touch with your business. An omnichannel presence means a lot. A grocery mobile app should also come with FAQs and chat support in case of an anomaly.
These are the base features any on-demand grocery app should have.
Admin Features in a Grocery Mobile Application
That was all about customer-facing features your grocery app must have. Let’s explore what your admins might need to perform well.
- Customer Panel – This is the place where your employees see customer data such as their location, demographics, billing information, contact details, and so on.
- Shopper Panel – All agents from a city can be listed under one category and their information made accessible for managers to see the highest performing and lowest performing reps.
- Notifications – What happens when a customer lodges a complaint or gives negative feedback? Managers should be notified via their mobile device so that they can take prompt and appropriate action.
- Revenue Analysis – It is important for each business to learn which customers bring in the most traffic and what makes them do so. Study buyer trends and maximize revenues through in-depth analytics and reports.
Technologies for Grocery Mobile App Development
You can build your grocery app for the leading app platforms such as iOS, Android, and Windows. Here are other technologies you might need:
- Back-end tech – Node.js, Python, .Net, Java
- Third-party integrations – Google Map
- Push notification – APN, Firebase, Twilio
- Payments – E-Wallets, Bank credit and debit card APIs, PayPal, Stripe
- Database – MongoDB, Cassandra
- Real-time analytics – Apache Flink, Spark Streaming
Select a Proficient Grocery Mobile App Development Company
Create a supermarket app with assistance from expert mobile and web app developers. CDN Solutions Group is a reliable grocery app development company. We know what drives customer expectations in this space and have already done and delivered grocery mobile apps.
Grocery app development demands a holistic understanding of the idea and the objective of the business. Our expert professionals take good care that you achieve goals and maximize ROI from your grocery mobile app development.
We are ready to create your ground-breaking supermarket app.
Look at our portfolio and call us today!